"Infusing Emotional Intelligence into College Mentor and Leadership Programs"
July 25, 2018 - 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. EST (webinar - 1 hour format)
Learn how to apply Emotional Intelligence theory and assessment to college peer mentor and leadership programs.
1-Hour Webinar Format
Our 1 hour webinar format includes 45 minutes of content and 15 minutes of discussion and Q & A. This format is more affordable and just the right amount of learning time for busy professionals.
Who Should Attend?
This program is ideal for higher education professionals who oversee or advise programs for undergraduate peer mentors or student leaders, including:
- first-year peer mentors
- academic peer advisors
- TRIO mentors
- student organization leaders
- orientation leaders
Emotional intelligence is a skill that student leaders need to be successful. In this session, attendees will learn how emotional intelligence impacts peer leadership and mentoring skills. Webinar participants will understand what emotional intelligence is, how it works, and learn ways to use it within their leadership and mentoring programs. The workshop will include an overview of the EQ-i 2.0 Higher Education assessment and how we use it in our program and how students and professionals can adopt its use in their programs.
This interactive webinar will help attendees:
- Understand current theory on emotional intelligence
- Learn how to help college students improve their emotional intelligence
- Apply emotional intelligence training and practice in student leadership and mentoring programs
- Consider how to adopt and apply the EQ-i 2.0 Higher Education assessment in their programs
Attendees will be able to apply knowledge of how emotional intelligence impacts peer leadership and mentoring skills in their programs.
Pricing and Registration
Live Webinar Site Connection $249
Access to the live webcast: invite your whole team!
- Electronic links to presentation materials and additional resources
- Following the webcast: a link to download the recorded webcast
- Only $25 for additional webinar connections for members of the same institution - great for students who want to join in on the learning from off campus locations!
On-Demand Download of Live Webinar $249
- An electronic link containing a recording of the live webinar (active for 15 days)
- Access to electronic versions of presentation materials and additional resources
- Links are delivered via email within 14 business days following the live webcast date
Carrie Arnold, PhD., Associate Director, Gateway Program Seminar, University of Colorado Colorado Springs
Carrie currently oversees the first-year experience seminar program at UCCS. She is an experienced leader and leadership trainer in both higher education and non-profit/for-profit organizations. She is Past President of the Colorado Springs World Affairs Council and recently termed off the National Council of Alpha Lambda Delta, a national honor society for first-year students. She also advises her university's chapter.
A certified training partner for Multi-Health Systems, Inc., Carrie trains and certifies individuals in the EQ-i 2.0/360 assessments and consults with local organizations to build curriculum for their leadership and training endeavors. She received her Ph.D. in Educational Leadership, Research and Policy from University of Colorado Colorado Springs. Her research is in Emotional Intelligence and its impact on student retention and success.