Academic Coaching for Peer Mentors
Wednesday, March 16, 2016 | 7:00 P.M. - 8:00 P.M EST
Academic Coaching is a strengths-based approach to give students effective strategies for academic success.
Peer leaders (mentors, educators and advisers) will be able to apply the Academic Coaching approach to help students identify and use academic success strategies.
Academic Coaching is a strengths-based approach to helping students improve their academic performance. As the success of Academic Coaching has caught on nationally, peer mentors are being asked to incorporate it into their mentoring. Using a coaching model, mentors can address a broad array of success skills that are applicable across all disciplines. .
In this webinar, students will learn how to:
- Approach academic conversations with a coaching mindset
- Structure an academic coaching session
- Help students identify study methods that work for them
- Use a variety of strategies to promote students' academic success
This interactive webinar provides opportunities to engage in reflection, discussion, and role-playing. After the webinar, you will receive a 30-minute follow-up role-playing activity to help you apply the webinar's concepts.
Dr. Jennifer Latino, Director, First Year Experience, Campbell University
Jennifer heads up the First Year Experience Program at Campbell University. Previously, Jennifer Latino was the Associate Director for the nationally recognized University 101 Programs at the University of South Carolina. Jennifer has a Bachelor’s of Science from the University of North Carolina at Pembroke, a Master’s of Science in Higher Education from North Carolina State University, and a Doctorate of Education in Higher Education from Florida State University. She is an author of Connections: An Insider’s Guide to College Success and authored and edited four editions of Transitions, the common textbook for the UNIV 101 course at South Carolina. She is also an author in several monographs and books published by the National Resource Center for the First-Year Experience and Students in Transition (NRC) and a regularly invited presenter for institutes and conferences sponsored by the NRC.
Note: When you purchase the webinar, you also receive at no extra cost the video recording download for future use.
- Single Live Webinar and link to the MP4 High Definition Video Recording Download- $229
- Spring 2016 Series: 2 Live Webinars and links to the MP4 High Definition Video Recording Download $399
- Additional Connections for Individuals from the Same Institution (Great for Off-Campus Students!) $10/additional connection