"From Peer Leader to Professional: Resumes, Cover Letters and Interviews"
April 21, 2015 - 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. EST (Webcast)
Learn the strategies peer leaders need to stand out in the job search.
Peer leaders gain extensive skills and experience in such roles as tutors, mentors, advisors and club leaders. Yet, when it comes to articulate these skills on resumes and personal statement or through interviews, they often overlook their own leadership learning and focus on more tangible successes. Students who can translate their leadership skills and experience onto resumes and in interviews will stand out far above other candidates and for good reason. This webcast will teach students how to distill from their peer leadership roles the specific skills and problem-solving experience they have gained. They will then learn how to write those skills and experience into resumes and cover letters. Finally, the facilitator will how to truly shine during the interview process. This session will provide peer leaders with strategies for how to articulate the skills they have acquired and enhanced through a variety of post-graduate arenas.
Who Should Attend?
This training is ideal for:
- Professionals who coordinate peer mentoring programs and are looking to expand their training skills by observing a model lesson and activities
- College peer leaders in such programs as peer mentoring, student organizations, resident advising, peer education, tutoring, supplementary instruction, cultural ambassador, peer counseling/advising
Dr. Jennifer Latino, Director, First Year Experience, Campbell University
Jennifer heads up the First Year Experience Program at Campbell University. Previously, she was the Associate Director for the nationally recognized University 101 Programs at the University of South Carolina. Jennifer has a Bachelor’s of Science from the University of North Carolina at Pembroke, a Master’s of Science in Higher Education from North Carolina State University, and a Doctorate of Education in Higher Education from Florida State University. She is an author of Connections: An Insider’s Guide to College Success and authored and edited four editions of Transitions, the common textbook for the UNIV 101 course at South Carolina. She is also an author in several monographs and books published by the National Resource Center for the First-Year Experience and Students in Transition (NRC) and a regularly invited presenter for institutes and conferences sponsored by the NRC.
Pricing and Registration
Live Webcast Site Connection $199
- Access to the live webcast: invite your whole team!
- Electronic links to presentation materials and additional resources
- Following the webcast: a link to watch the recorded webcast for 180 days
- Add a CD-ROM Recording of Live Webcast $99
CD-ROM Recording of Live Webcast $199
- A CD-ROM containing a recording of the live webcast
- A bound copy of the presentation materials and additional resources
- Mailed approximately 10 business days following the live webcast date
On-Demand Download $199
- An electronic link containing a recording of the live webcast (active for 180 days)
- Access to electronic versions of presentation materials and additional resources
- Links are delivered via email approximately 10 business days following the live webcast date